Fans have been wondering about Lee Jong Suk’s dramas in 2021, even though he just came back last week. Lee Jong Suk is among the list of actors who will finish their mandatory military service in 2021. He just finished his mandatory military service on January 2nd, 2021. He enlisted in March 2019 and now he back to his free citizen status.
Lee Jong Suk’s Dramas in 2021 and Upcoming Project
As one of the top actors in the South Korean entertainment industry, Lee Jong Suk must receive a series of projects right after his military discharge. His last drama is Romance Is A Bonus Book in 2019. It has been more than just a year for fans waiting for his comeback.
There are some articles that mention one of Lee Jong Suk’s dramas in 2021 is a Chinese drama entitled Jade Lover. The story set in the 1930s about Shen Chen Xi (Zheng Shuang), a daughter from a rich family who later experienced from a bankrupt.
In this drama, Lee Jong Suk will take the role of Bai Lou Han; an ambitious, cold-hearted man who doesn’t mind working to both good and bad sides. However, not everyone could see the true character of Bai Lou Han who actually a kind-hearted man.
The List of Hit Dramas Starring Lee Jong Suk
There is no more update regarding the upcoming Lee Jong Suk’s dramas in 2021. Before that, fans could see the top recommendation of Lee Jong Suk’s dramas list below:
- School 2013 is the first drama where Lee Jong Suk got his very first award for his brilliant acting. In this drama, he paired with actor Kim Wo Bin.
- I Can Hear Your Voice is the first drama when Lee Jong Suk landed a lead male role. In this drama, he has a supernatural ability to read people’s thoughts just by looking at their eyes. This drama also starring actress Park Bo Young as Jang Hye Sung; a pragmatic and self-preserving lawyer who then change after she met Park Soo Ha.
- Doctor Stranger is a drama from 2013 in where Lee Jong Suk took the role of a genius cardiothoracic surgeon named Park Hoon from North Korea. He then fell in love with Song Jae Hee (Jin Se Yeon). The story is about Park Hoon’s attempt to flee from North to South but in the process, he lost contact with Song Jae Hee.
- Pinocchio is a drama about a rare disease. Someone who suffers from the disease cannot tell lie without getting hiccups. Choi In Ha (Park Shin Hye) suffers from the Pinocchio Syndrome who due to some circumstances should live with her grandfather. Her grandfather suffers from memory loss due to the trauma of losing his son. One day, he rescued a young boy from the ocean and believed that he is his lost son Choi Dal Po (Lee Jong Suk). Since then both Choi In Ha and Choi Dal Po are living together as a niece and uncle though they have the same age.
- W: Two World Apart is about the two worlds that connect to each other. One is the real world and one in the world from a webtoon. In this drama, Lee Jong Suk took the role of Kang Chul the lead character from the popular comic. Kang Chul is a multimillionaire with a super cool personality. Meanwhile, in the alternate reality world, there is Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo). She is the daughter of Oh Seong Moo (Kim Eui Song). Seong Moo is the author of the webtoon.
- While You Were Sleeping is a combination of fantasy and legal drama. The drama is about three people who have a special ability; seeing the future through dreams. They are a rookie prosecutor named Jung Jae Chan (Lee Jong Suk), a former reporter named Nam Hong Joo (Bae Suzy), and a police officer Han Woo Tak (Jung Hae In).
- Romance Is A Bonus Book is the last drama of Lee Jong Suk before he left to fulfill his mandatory military service. The drama itself is a heart-warming drama about two people who finally realize their true feeling after several years. Though there are a lot of things that have changed, true love always remains the same.
Personal Life and Career
Lee Jong Suk debuted in 2005 as the runaway model at the Seoul Collection. He was only 16 years old at that time that made him the youngest model at that time. Then he trained to be an idol but decided to quit. Instead, he pursued his dream to become an actor through a selection in SBS TV. Due to that, he could make his debut as an actor in 2010 in the drama Prosecutor Princess and the movie Ghost.
However, the rising popularity of Lee Jong Suk started in 2011 when he took a supporting role in the hit drama Secret Garden. In School 2013, he once again got a supporting role but a significant one with actor Kim Woo Bin. Through this drama, he received his very first award. Award from the 2012 KBS Drama Awards for the category Best New Actor.
Now, Lee Jong Suk is among the top actors in the South Korean industry. Since I Can Hear Your Voice in 2013, Lee Jong Suk always gets the male role such as in Doctor Stranger, Pinocchio, W: Two World Apart, While Your Were Sleeping, and the last is Romance Is A Bonus Book. Not only that, but his movie project list is also really impressive.